What a difference a day could have made! Imagine if Nancy Pelosi had held her impeachment fire for 24 hours.
Then she would have had the transcript of President Trump’s call with the president of Ukraine. Even a quick read would have told her it was not as advertised.
She would have learned there was no threat from Trump and no talk of a quid pro quo involving foreign aid in exchange for an investigation of Joe Biden. By the time she finished the five pages, Pelosi would have realized that the media’s promise of a smoking gun was a false promise.
But, as the saying goes, you can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube. Democrats went all-in on impeachment and now have to see it through. As quickly as Democrats rushed into it, the alleged quid pro quo and cover-up allegations also fell apart.
- Democrats Rush To Impeach Trump Without Viewing Alleged ‘Whistleblower’ Complaint Or Transcripts
- Quid Pro Quo and Cover-Up Allegations Against Trump are Falling Apart
- New Poll Suggests Dems’ Impeachment Fever Helping Trump With Independents
- Red State Democrats Wary That Impeachment Witch Hunt Will Prevent Dems Winning Majority
- Will Democrats come to regret their impeachment push?